On 24th-25th February, we were pleased to officially launch DCU’S first Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence: REBUILD.
We are thankful to have welcomed Paschal Donohoe, Eurogroup President & Ireland’s Minister of Finance, as our keynote speaker and Florentine Hopmeier, Member of European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen’s Cabinet, focussing on Economy, Recovery and Resilience for her opening remarks.
Thursday 24th February
- 14:00 – 14:30 CET: Launch of REBUILD Centre by Federico Fabbrini, Full Professor of EU Law, DCU. Opening Keynote by Pascal Donohoe, Eurogroup President & Irish Minister of Finance & Opening Remarks by Florentine Hopmeier, Member of European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen’s Cabinet, focussing on Economy, Recovery and Resilience.
- 14:30 – 16:00: Panel 1 – Next Generation EU (NGEU) & Europe’s Economic, Monetary and Banking Union
- 16:00 – 16:30: Break
- 16:30 – 18:00: Panel 2 – Governance: How does the NGEU work?
Friday 25th February
- 10:00 – 11:00 CET: Panel 3 – Values: What are the Criteria & Principles Shaping NGEU?
- 11:00 – 12:30: Panel 4 – The Future of the Rule of Crisis: Beyond Dialogue and Conditionality
- 12:30 – 13:30: Final Roundtable Debate – The Future of NGEU
Please read the full event programme below for more information on the conference, as well as a brief description of the aims and objective of the new REBUILD Centre.